Friday, November 24, 2017

STOP WITH THE SLOW MOTION

I know I disappeared for a while, yet again. I don't even have a good excuse for it, I'm just lazy and keeping my weekly routine emptied out the story land in my head. But lucky you! I have found something to complain about, and let me begin by admitting that I might have mentioned this before, in passing.

During the last month, I have gone to the cinema twice. Once to see a Marvel movie and once to see a DC movie. Yes, I am about to talk about Marvel versus DC, yet again. Sorry, but this is a topic I like and feel some sort of a connection towards as I really enjoy being a geek, most of the time. 

I will try and keep this as spoiler free as possible, but I might slip up.

The Marvel movie I saw was of course Thor 3: Ragnarok. If I'm honest, Thor is one of my least favourite Avenger. He's been quite boring in my humble opinion. Maybe the movies made the character too serious for me or not serious enough. Well, they have turned me around with this film. I think it was awesome. I'd give it 8/10, which is high for me. The humour and action were well written and choreographed. The storyline did have some issues, but what film doesn't? I liked the new characters, I liked the old ones even more. There was something really special about the fact that Chris Hemsworth's older brother Luke played Thor in a play performed in the beginning of the film. I don't think everyone noticed that little piece, but I almost shot up from my seat when I recognised him. All we need is the youngest Hemsworth to join in and we've got a nice family movie. 

The DC film I saw was Justice League. After Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman, I wasn't really looking forward to any more DC movies, but Wonder Woman gave me so much hope that things were about to change. I know it's not a secret that Batman is, or maybe now was, my favourite superhero. I honestly have never been a Superman fan, but he was the best part of this one. Finally smiling and being somewhat normal. I really don't like this Batman. But I gave it my money and sat through it. I honestly wanted to sleep through some parts, the story kept jumping around, trying to force too many origin stories into it. What Marvel did right was give all his Avengers solo films before putting them all together. And now their talking about a Flashpoint movie, which could change everything. And Ben Affleck might not do the Batman solo film. DC is a mess. 5/10, which isn't that good...

But that's not the point of this post. I have ranted about how DC let's me down before. This time my topic is more general. 

As the title reads, I am sick of slow motion. I get it, superheroes are too fast. But come on! Justice League was full of it. Suicide Squad's final act was almost all done in it. I don't like it. It's like Trash Sky Beam 2.0. People need to stop! I tried, I really did, to remember if I was disturbed about it during Marvel movies and I honestly cannot name one instance. Maybe I need to re-watch some things. The only film I can name at this point is Deadpool, but even in that, it didn't bother me. DC seems to rely on it too much. Yeah, the heroes look awesome , or at least they would if the CGI weren't so cheap looking. Slow motion seems to make it extremely obvious. I am done with it. Please move on to TSB 3.0.

Well, I guess I'll sign off here. A bit sudden, but maybe it will leave you with something to think about. 

Until next time,
Reggie. 

No comments: