Saturday, March 28, 2015

Closet Virgin

So. I'm 23 years old and still a virgin. So what?

For some people, this might sound like it has something to do with a religious belief or whatever. Not the case. I have no specific religion, I try to emulate different aspects of different religions. For instance, I've taken the concept of karma from Budism. Mostly you could call me agnostic.
So why still am I abstinent? It is my choice. Or at least it became it some years ago. Back when I was a raging teenager I almost got to the point where I was sure I was ready and had this boyfriend who I thought was the right guy. He broke my heart and it happened just before my plan crazy OCD mind had made plans for it. He has no idea.
Anyways, after that painful experience, I swore to keep my virginity for as long as possible, only to be given to someone who truly deserves it. Haven't met the guy, since guys my age neither discuss the subject nor have patience to wait longer than two months. I am very old-school when it comes to things like this.
Okay. I hope I've explained myself enough for this post to be considered a respectable return to blogging. I call myself the closet virgin, because people my age are either not virgins anymore, have a religious explanation or are like me: Somewhat insecure romantic people who want it to be a little more special than a drunken encounter at a party when they are 15. Didn't mean to offend anyone with this analogy, if it spoke to you, trust me it was an accident.
When I do come out of my closet, I am met with two types of responses: Awesome! or Why? I get that it is cool to have sex nowadays and being a virgin past the age of 13 is weird, but I have always been strange and I intend to keep marching to my own drum. Deep thought.
So, if you're like me, come out with me! Let's embrace the awkward sexual tension we share with cute guys/girls and hope that one day someone deserves our attention and commitment. At least I can safely say I'm a healthy woman with no sexual secrets or past lover lists. Clean sheet, excuse the pun.
Let's let our freak flag fly and see me in the comment section below. I was honest with you, now it's your turn.

R.

No comments: