Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MASTER CHEF - C'EST MOI!

So, this is the latest development in my boring life: I am currently working as a chef in a restaurant in Haapsalu. I know!! I said I was moving away from Haapsalu, but I got sucked back in with an amazing deal. I get to try something new and exciting. Something I never thought was in the cards for me as I've never taken a cooking class in my life! I have been experimenting in my own small kitchen for about a year now, so not even close to being some kind of a culinary genius. 

But that's just it! I got this offer and I am using it to learn all sorts of interesting things about cooking and how to run a kitchen. I get all these benefits on top of my other benefits: free housing and food, plus a good pay bump from my previous arrangement. The restaurant is in the same building as the hotel I used to work in. I already know where everything is and how things are run. I know the people as well. It's been the easiest transition of my life. 

Anyways, I wanted to let You know why I've been too busy to blog this time. I've been learning new things and doing new things. It's been an awesome summer so far, even though here the summer feels more like an autumn. I love it!

All the best,
Rex.

No comments: