Saturday, September 10, 2016

SEASONAL TV OUTREACH

Time to list all my tv-shows yet again. I don't even know why I do this every year, since not much usually changes. There are some trastic changes though this year. I think you will be quite surprised with me. Here we go:

1. SUPERNATURAL - I have stuck with it for 11 years. I cannot quit now. Plus, season 11 ended on a major  cliff hanger. I need to at least see the beginning of the season and find out what's going on with their mother being back (SPOILER). Sometimes I do wish that it was the end, just because I am afraid the show will get bad eventually. I want it to remain a great show, so that I can forever remember it fondly and not be all like: "Yeah, the first four seasons were good, the rest I'd rather forget about." I love me some Jensen Ackles. Please be good.
Airs on October 13th

2. ARROW - Season five. Back to basics? Or did The Flash ruin everything? We'll see.
Airs on October 5th

3. THE FLASH - I mean, this show is just awesome. Funny and serious with a lot of action. I hope they get through Flashpoint fast though. So that we can all return to our regular programme.
Airs on October 4th

4. LUCIFER - The first season was so enjoyable. I fell in love with Tom Ellis and his British assholeness. Is that a word? It should be, because it describes Lucifer perfectly. The stakes were risen in the final episode of season 1. Mommy is out and it should be all sorts of fun and bad times molded into one awesome way to spend an hour. Can hardly wait for it.
Airs on September 19th

5. AMERICAN HORROR STORY - As a person who absolutely hates horror as a genre, I have found myself oddly in love with this purely terrifying show. Evan Peters is a god amongst actors his age. He can do the angsty teenager and a crazed serial killer so well, I am surprised he hasn't done more mainstream film rolls than Quicksilver (which he rocked both times). AHS has yet to give me nightmares, even though it has me on a hook. Please keep Matt Bomer! I love him (ever since White Collar was a thing). 
Airs on September 14th

For some odd reason it seems I was going backwards with the dates for airing, but I actually put them on the list based on excitement.

I will maybe keep my eye on Luke Cage, Legends of Tomorrow and whatever else I stumble upon. I am way behind on my Vampire Diaries and since this is the last season, I might not even catch up until it's over. Teen Wolf, the same. 

I am sad that Limitless did not get a second season, I truly enjoyed the series and wish there was more of it. So many stupid questions left unanswered. Damn the politics of TV land. Get your shit together. I mean Gotham is still running, but who the hell actually watches it?

And yes, there are shows I love that I cannot put on this list as their seasons do not begin in the fall. Game of Thrones is my crack and I love it. But the season begins in the spring, so no place on this list. It can share it's place with The Vikings. 

Anyhow, enjoy my ramblings and I'll see you whenever I see you.
Rex

No comments: